Friday 6 August 2010

Job Shopping

The time has come again to find full time work. Apparently, as a highly qualified, socially normal person, it's difficult.

I've tried Monster, Gumtree, Totaljobs, Hays, newspapers, random internet searches, asking friends, family and people off the street. Job, o'oh Jo-obs, where are you?

There's a 2nd interview next week with a promising firm, which I'm guessing means I'm down to the final 5, an improvement on recent attempts. I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm also looking at graduate schemes, as a few are looking interesting, however due to the current job market I'm foreseeing a highly competitive (even more so than usual) process.

It probably doesn't help that no-one in the family right now is happy with their career. Dad has clearly lost his joie de vivre, mum has lost her way and Ethan is doing quite well in his engineering degree. Perhaps he'll need a cleaner when he's wealthy and saving the world, maybe a house-sitter when he's away telling people how to build things properly.

Overall it's just wholly negative.

No comments: