Sunday 5 September 2010

Finally!

The wall has cracked and I have a job. More to the point, it's a career type job. I've been there for three days already and really like the people.

It's a small firm, run by a father and son. I'm the only female working there and the father has already taken me to one side to warn me that I'll need to be assertive because the guy I need to get on with on the workshop floor allegedly hates women. Wonderful. At least I know he's stuck in the past and if the firm is going to be 21st century it's going to have to adopt modern attitudes towards women.

I shall update more about my feelings about it when things become clearer in a month, after I have learned more about the firm and recapped my Solidworks and change management knowledge...

On another note, Liz has her open day for the museum next Sunday, showcasing her new exhibition on Freemasonry and skills in curating, preserving and organising. My parents are going to come along too to show their support to their unofficial daughter.

Cat is leaving us to go to London, starting a MSc course in mid-September, which is excellent.

I have no more news because, frankly, I have no life.

I will.

No comments: