Wednesday 27 April 2011

A good day today

It's a pleasant change.

Elena from my Swedish class suggested since there is no language class tomorrow that a few of us go out for dinner instead, which is good. There was a little panic when it looked like I'd need to shell out 200Kr just to get a guest pass for the student nations (maybe I'll explain that one day), but a few emails back and forth and the concencus is that if I take my PhD contract to a nation tomorrow evening I can become a full member right there and then.

In a better mood, I got on with some reading, found a few courses to look at in more detail, then cycled home. Unfortunately my bike has decided it likes 2nd gear a little too much, and has been stuck in it for the journey home.

When I got home I popped on a new exercise DVD (which is the lamest thing a girl can do and make public) and watched in horror as I failed pretty much every coordination activity on there. Oops. Anyway, 40 minutes (ish) of farting around pretending to dance in Brazil was amusing and deserving of far more than a wholewheat pasta and tomato dinner (no cheese) with a natural yoghurt and jam desert. Followed by this lovely glass of wine.

So the funny little Brazilian man on the DVD (so gay he's almost bent back round straight again) sounds a little like Borat. Hearing him promise me I'll have the body of a Brazilian beach babe in that voice is somewhat amusing, as I doubt he'd know a beach babe if he tripped over one.

My legs feel a little sore, but that's possibly a good thing since my thighs and arse are my (biggest) problem areas.

Next on the list tonight: Swedish grammar.

It's funny how when I'm more cheerful I get on a small self improvement drive. It only lasts for a few minutes, but that's a few minutes of improving myself, right?

No comments: