Thursday 11 February 2010

Today I'm applying for an admin post at uni. It's part-time, not badly paid and hugely convenient for my voluntary work in the old department.

There's always a weird balance to strike beween being keen and being desperate, but seeing as people often mistake my calm and collected appearance for one that just doesn't give a damn, I feel that if I seem to myself to be a little desperate it might just be slightly keen to an observer. On that note, I should probably work on my presentation, communication skills and rejection issues.

I'm thinking of entering another journalism competition. I know it sounds like something you do if a) you're a journalist or b) you're in school, but I miss writing and I could do with the cash. Last time I entered I didn't get placed, but the times before that I was highly commended.

No comments: