Tuesday 23 February 2010

Getting some experience in

On the 3rd I have a meeting to outline exactly what my tasks will be at University. I approached my lecturer at graduation and he seemed pleased that I'd asked about helping out with a project. The team consists of two of my old lecturers and a few other staff, including an out-going PhD and a in-coming PhD academic. I'll be assisting initially with the literature review, outlining the topic and generally helping out where I can. There was mention of sitting in on some interviews later, and I hope to get to see some quantitative work to get that side of my skills back on board.

I'll be working for no pay, so part time (paid) work is a must, otherwise the bank will be chasing me for repayments on my career development loan. I've applied for another two roles at the uni and another just down the road.

Currently I'm temping, sitting on a few reception desks and handling the photocopying. Exciting stuff, but it brings in much needed cash. I've started the Bosch essay, however although the ideas are there the concentration and focus is not. I've written three miniature essays on a variety of topics based on the theme but alas have penned no further work.

No comments: