Sunday 14 March 2010

Woo!

Clearly, ironically, technology and I do not mix. I thought not being alerted to an additional voicemail once the symbol appears was a glitch on my old (and now broken) phone. Apparently all phones do it. That's why I find myself in the awkward position of appearing to ignore an invite to a job interview, which naturally requires a phone call at 9am on Monday morning to apologise profusely and ask if they are still willing to see me. But it can't be Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or indeed Friday as I'm in Glasgow, temping, temping and temping in that order.

The Good News is that whilst in Glasgow I'll be being interviewed for a KTP position, which is exciting enough in itself until we add in the subject of the KTP and the information I've gleaned by stalking-lite the company and a few employees. Suddenly it's hugely exciting and I'm out shoe shopping for some smart shoes which did not cost £12 and are falling apart (student budgets eh!). So following two days of wandering aimlessly and crying inside at the ill-fitting and non-existant varieties of shoes on offer I finally found some. They're a bit bondage at the back, but fingers crossed with some opaque black tights and a high-necked top it'll look decent, smart and savvy.

Tomorrow is a packed day, what with collecting my researchers credentials and a key to the room I've been allocated, ferrying my mother (have a lovely Mothering Sunday, mum!) to the garage and (fingers crossed) organising an interview for interim cash should Glasgow not pay off in the near future.

I don't believe in stars but for the last couple of weeks mine in the Telegraph (the only accurate astrology section in the UK according to dad) have been career-positive. It could all be self-fulfilling prophecy, but who am I to ignore the hints?

I shall go to revise two years worth of studying on sustainability and design methodology.

Wonder if I filed any notes?

No comments: